Quick heads-up: several of the AndroidNZ editors now have their very own shiny Galaxy S IIIs (in fact yours truly was the first in New Zealand to get one after queuing for seven hours at the Vodafone midnight release sale).
Needless to say we're getting to grips with the device at a rate of knots and we'll have lots of content coming to you very soon - including the first part of our usual mammoth review later today. If you can't wait until then to learn some more about the S III, I've been giving my usual up-to-the-minute impressions and experiences on Twitter @NZtechfreak, and we've also written several pieces about it covering things that have been throughly neglected in the wider tech press.
Our S III content timeline to date has unfolded as follows:
- My thoughts about the S III announcement shortly before it dropped
- Our whole teams reaction to the announcement
- Our discovery of a few S III secrets - you heard them here first
- Further discoveries of hitherto unknown aspects of the S III
- Pre-release confirmation of the exFAT support we exposed by an actual user, to calm the nerves of folks who were unsettled by the manual saying only Fat32 was supported
- News that Root was available for the S III before it's release, courtesy of the ever-amazing Chainfire
- We were then lucky enough to actually secure some hands-on time of our own with one of the mythical Pebble Blue units a couple of weeks prior to retail, exclusively covering a lot of things not seen elsewhere and verifying our Secrets Revealed pieces
- Finally, we were the first to break the news that the aforementioned Pebble Blue handsets were going to be globally delayed
So, stay tuned for more, and don't forget that your questions are always welcome here at AndroidNZ - feel free to drop them in the comments here or hit us on Twitter.